Nov 9, 2008

New York, Baby


We had a great time in New York at the beginning of October. We went for Andrew's sister's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time celebrating and seeing friends and family.  Andrew and Emily's birthdays were that week so we celebrated those as well. 

We were able to go into the city and spend some time at the Central Park Zoo, Central Park and the Museum of Natural History. We enjoyed good times and most especially good food! We had yummy Italian, Chinese and Korean food. I tried Water Lilly root, Mackerel and Anchovies for the first time. It was delicious and well worth the weight-gain :-)

We also had a chance to visit with friends that we knew in Clemson who have moved to Danbury, Ct and Pennsylvania.  Thanks guys for driving over from Pennsylvania! And Megan you have a beautiful home!

People are knocking down old houses in my in-laws neighborhood and building what my MIL calls "Palazzo's". I had to get a pic of what they look like. Really ridiculous and out of place compared to what is all around.


Museum of Natural History


My in-laws favorite Italian restaurant in Clintonville


Cousin Alex and Emily

Wendy, Jenny and Megan (friends from college)
Andrew, Matt and Ben (friends from college)
Avery couldn't handle all the partying at the reception
Emily and new cousin-in-law

The coy pond in the reception hall. It was beautiful.


Amelia, Ivan and their son Alex. Amelia's brother Anthony.





Hangin' out at Central Park

Sleeping on the subway after a long day of playing






At the Zoo


Chasing pigeons in Central Park



Emily's surprise cake! 

7 comments:

Familia Durham said...

Looks like you now have lots of fun memories in NYC. So glad you got to visit with Jenny and Megan. I love the Museum of History pictures mostly because they make me laugh. Have you seen the movie "Night at the museum" I think it is a great movie, the kids love it too.

Kami said...

Wen, where's a picture of you in the black dress I've heard so much about? Will you take one and email it to me?

Valina said...

How fun! I hope to visit New York some day! Emily is a real cutie!

stephsterr said...

Great pictures! You all look wonderful! I miss you...

Chris and Melanie said...

Looks like fun! Your daughter looks soooo much like you when you were a kid!!!! :)

kk Leilani said...

looks like great times. You have a beautiful family. I'm jealous...NY. one day. The birthday cake looked divine. I'm always excited to read your latest post. I love you and hope you are well.

Angie said...

Hey Wendy,

Just found your blog. Your kids are getting so big... and they've always been so adorable.

Glad to see you guys are doing well.

Angie