May 12, 2008

Mother's Day... My Thoughts




Mother's Day always brings up mixed emotions for me because of the death of my own mother just over 5 years ago. Emily was only 5 months old when she died so it's hard to not have her here when there is so much for me to yet experience and so much I want to share with her and partake in her wisdom. She was (and still is) a wonderful woman whom I love and miss very much.

After a wonderful dinner of Lamb Kabobs on the grill, cooked by my fabulous grill-master husband, we honored her by visiting her grave and sharing some quiet moments together as a family. There are not enough words in the English language to express the effect a mother has on her children. I can only hope to be as wonderful and effective for my kids as she was for me. I love you Mom.

6 comments:

. said...

Such a sweet tribute, Wendy. I thought of you on Mother's Day and what that must be like. I guess our mothers were in that same position. What a strong woman you are - and I'm sure you are an incredible mom!

john and nikki said...

Wendy I hope you had a good Mother's Day despite your mom being gone. It will be a sweet reunion when you see her again. FYI - You can get blog backgrounds from cutest blog on the block and pimp my profile. Hope all is well with you guys.

Melissa said...

Hello! Life is going well, I just finished the semester last week and celebrated by taking a trip to California to see my brother's graduation from law school (So no, I don't live with them)! I've been renting a room in a condo, but i'm moving into my uncle's house with his family for the summer to save some $$. Are you planning on going to the family reunion this summer? I'm going to try!

stephsterr said...

Your post made me cry, Wendy. I'm such a crybaby these days, huh? You are so sweet. I enjoyed seeing these pictures - very touching.

I've added your blog's feed to my Sage so now I'll know when you update! :D

Love, Steph

Queen said...

What a beautiful post.
Keep bloggin

Mom to many said...

So I was just checkin out your blog and saw this and you made me cry. I love your mom - I still sing "Party Pooper" and smile when I think of her. And I imagine her and my baby Rachael hangin out together.
Would love to see you!
Tauna