Jul 10, 2008

4th of July!

So for the 4th we decided to join the rest of the state of GA at Stone Mountain. My new sister-in-law has never been there so most of our gang treked down there for the experience. And boy was it an experience.

We had a fabulous time with everyone with the exception of the 4 hours we spent in traffic getting in and out of the park. Joy. Other than that, we really enjoyed each other's company and had a fun memorable experience-- and most of us got a little more work done on our tans (or lack thereof in my case).





Avery fell asleep during the fireworks



This is how dad spent the 4th-- on a blanket catching a few zzzzzz's





Emily, Pierce and Avery

Trying to work the paddle balls


Steele enjoying watermelon

2 comments:

. said...

Looks like you had a great day! You look awesome by the way - with or without a tan! (Trust me - I'm absolutely ghostly). Your kids are getting so big, and they always look so cheerful, especially Avery. I love keeping in touch this way! Love you too!

Familia Durham said...

What a fun day you had! My hubby worked so we went to the Andrus' house for their annual BBQ/Pool party and to the Besendorfer's for dinner. After that I took the kids to see the fireworks.